Recently WordPress has updated their WYSIWYG editor to Gutenberg which is absolutely fantastic! The only issue thus far is that when editing or updating a post within WordPress you see is the following.
This prevents the auto save and publish functions from working. WordPress and Cloudflare are working on the issue and have a workaround in place. The fix involves disabling two rules in the WordPress rules set in the Web Application Firewall settings in your Cloudflare account.
- Once you are logged in click on the domain that you need to edit.
- Click on Firewall from the top menu.
- Scroll down to the section titled IP Firewall Button.
- Click the button to the left titled Web Application Firewall.
- Look for the section titled Package: Cloudflare Rule Set.
- Click Rule Details.
- Scroll down to the section titled Cloudflare WordPress and click the link.
- Click on page 4 from the pagination at the bottom of the section.
- Look for the rules WP0025A and WP0025A.
- On the far right side of the section under the Mode heading you will see a drop down list.
- Choose disable for both rules.
- You should see a green par across the bottom of the screen indicating that the settings are saved.
- Click the Close button.
- Go back to your WordPress Admin area and try to edit a post.
Unfortunately this workaround has never worked for me even after Gutenberg was updated and Cloudflare pushed out patches on their end. As a last resort I had to whitelist my IP from the Firewall Events section of the Firewall page.
Now I am once again able to edit posts and whatnot in WordPress!